With over 750,000 visitors each year, Pittencrieff Park, or ‘The Glen’ as it is more commonly known by local people, is one of Scotland’s most important and popular urban parks.
The Park was purchased in 1902 by the town’s most famous son, Andrew Carnegie, who then gifted it to the people of Dunfermline in a ceremony the following year.
Well known for its resident peacocks, this 76-acre park is of huge historical and cultural significance to Dunfermline, West Fife and beyond.
Pittencrieff Park plays host to many events throughout the year including the Bruce Festival and the annual fireworks display that is enjoyed by people of all ages.
The Glen Pavilion within the Park is a lovely Art Deco style building that is a popular venue for weddings, meetings, conferences or corporate events.
– The park has a range of interesting features including:
– Andrew Carnegie Statue
– Pittencrieff House Museum
– Glen Pavilion
– Formal gardens and Glasshouses
– Remains of Malcolm Canmore’s Tower
– Louise Carnegie Gates
Open 24 hours
There are three play areas within Pittencrieff Park:
two between the Pittencrieff Street entrance and the Glen Pavilion
one at the Nethertown entrance. The parks are equipped with chutes, swings, climbing frames and roundabouts and all have safety surfacing.